Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Law Draft 1

+14
BaseballBob
Xolotl
mitebcool
Dmanrlz2
LetsDoThis
Hobo
howdyho
anon
RaTaTaT
LaezE Boy
Mephisto893
MedicalAnon
MultiAnonymousG
JD
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Law Draft 1 Empty General Law Draft 1

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 pm

First, I'll state, if possible, we need to make the land tribal, this means we have to follow tribal laws (very lax and can be modified), and we operate outside of traditional US laws. Benefits of this include growing any crops considered useful for 'tribal' activities. No federal tax. A fairly open system.

The governing body of our land needs to be 3 party, nearly identical to the government enacted by the US constitution (just better).

Set of laws:
1. All residents are required to hold some form of employment beneficial to the town, pending that they are at least 18 years of age, allowing for safe labor for all 14+.
2. Yearly 'dues' will be required for each resident, not a massive amount, but enough to build and maintain property.
3. Until more land is available, each resident must have at least 1 roommate (space permitting).
4. Each land owning resident must create and maintain a produce garden until a steady stream of produce becomes available.
5. There will be a market that will meet every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Each resident must offer services or goods beneficial to other residents that can be displays/sold at the market.
6. Standard US laws must apply, with exceptions. (no murder, theft, etc).
7. There must be at least 3 on duty officers at any given time, with at least 12 officers in the town.
8. Should the property be classified as tribal lands, any goods banned by the US government must remain on the property (i.e. illicit drugs).

More to come.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

General Law Draft 1 Empty Re: General Law Draft 1

Post by MultiAnonymousG Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

so far it sound pretty good
keep up the good work
MultiAnonymousG
MultiAnonymousG

Back to top Go down

Post by MedicalAnon Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

jdhfighter wrote:First, I'll state, if possible, we need to make the land tribal, this means we have to follow tribal laws (very lax and can be modified), and we operate outside of traditional US laws. Benefits of this include growing any crops considered useful for 'tribal' activities. No federal tax. A fairly open system.

The governing body of our land needs to be 3 party, nearly identical to the government enacted by the US constitution (just better).

Set of laws:
1. All residents are required to hold some form of employment beneficial to the town, pending that they are at least 18 years of age, allowing for safe labor for all 14+.
2. Yearly 'dues' will be required for each resident, not a massive amount, but enough to build and maintain property.
3. Until more land is available, each resident must have at least 1 roommate (space permitting).
4. Each land owning resident must create and maintain a produce garden until a steady stream of produce becomes available.
5. There will be a market that will meet every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Each resident must offer services or goods beneficial to other residents that can be displays/sold at the market.
7. There must be at least 3 on duty officers at any given time, with at least 12 officers in the town.
8. Should the property be classified as tribal lands, any goods banned by the US government must remain on the property (i.e. illicit drugs).

More to come.

1. No. While I agree on principal people need to help you cant do that without affecting freedom.Wat do we do when someone retires?
2. It's called taxes. This isnt some high profile uppity neighborhood.
3. No. You pay for your land, get a roommate if you want to lower cost.
4. Good on principle. Not going to force people to do that shit.
5. Forcing people to do stuff again. Not smart.
6. Finally, yes.
7. 12 officers/200 ish people? no. Fuck the police. We deal with that later.
8. Sounds good to me..

I think we can basically CopyPasta laws from some other shit town and then amend them as we want. No need to draft 400 pages of new laws...

MedicalAnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm

would it be possible to have the taxes part monetary, part food, and instead of everyone fending for themselves, at least in the early months, have something of a dispensary to keep rations sustainable? after we get stable, then we can have an open market free trade, etc. i think i the beginning, it would just cultivate crime, some people having food and others not. thoughts?
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:11 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:
jdhfighter wrote:First, I'll state, if possible, we need to make the land tribal, this means we have to follow tribal laws (very lax and can be modified), and we operate outside of traditional US laws. Benefits of this include growing any crops considered useful for 'tribal' activities. No federal tax. A fairly open system.

Set of laws:

More to come.

1. No. While I agree on principal people need to help you cant do that without affecting freedom.Wat do we do when someone retires?
2. It's called taxes. This isnt some high profile uppity neighborhood.
3. No. You pay for your land, get a roommate if you want to lower cost.
4. Good on principle. Not going to force people to do that shit.
5. Forcing people to do stuff again. Not smart.
6. Finally, yes.
7. 12 officers/200 ish people? no. Fuck the police. We deal with that later.
8. Sounds good to me..

I think we can basically CopyPasta laws from some other shit town and then amend them as we want. No need to draft 400 pages of new laws...

I understand that my proposition seems almost communist at nature, but I believe we need to have something like this in affect for at least the first 4 years, simply because without this sort of stability, socialization of the area will be nearly impossible.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LaezE Boy Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Mephisto893 wrote:would it be possible to have the taxes part monetary, part food, and instead of everyone fending for themselves, at least in the early months, have something of a dispensary to keep rations sustainable? after we get stable, then we can have an open market free trade, etc. i think i the beginning, it would just cultivate crime, some people having food and others not. thoughts?

it would be nice for starting out anyway, if we could pool at least part of our recourses until we all get a feel for what it will be like.
LaezE Boy
LaezE Boy

http://laezereviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Anonymouse wrote:
Mephisto893 wrote:would it be possible to have the taxes part monetary, part food, and instead of everyone fending for themselves, at least in the early months, have something of a dispensary to keep rations sustainable? after we get stable, then we can have an open market free trade, etc. i think i the beginning, it would just cultivate crime, some people having food and others not. thoughts?

it would be nice for starting out anyway, if we could pool at least part of our recourses until we all get a feel for what it will be like.

I don't expect the government to force the residents to do anything, but until steady resources are available, we have to come together as a community to aid everyone else. Consider it a social experiment.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by RaTaTaT Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:51 pm

Minarchist Libertarian i think would be best, straight up, we really won't have the need for many taxes as we won't have a welfare system because broke people cannot live in anontown. If children aren't allowed to be born or raised there no need for it. The bare minimum of tax would be paid to maintain security, health and safety. This could easily be done. If we offer our services to each other in a new fairer exchange where the bottom tier of people cannot achieve the basic services then the system fails.

The difficult part would be these things, doctors don't come cheap, and the ensuing sty will probably be pretty unhealthy place to live.

Ideally, there would be no need for security since we could trust our /b/ros but sure enough there will be trolls so... need to keep them under control. The U.S. government would hardly let us govern ourselves btw.

In our '/b/rave new world' it still will exist within the U.S. until we get big enough... but i think there would be a war before we emancipated... lol. That could be fun.
RaTaTaT
RaTaTaT

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:53 pm

RaTaTaT wrote:Minarchist Libertarian i think would be best, straight up, we really won't have the need for many taxes as we won't have a welfare system because broke people cannot live in anontown. If children aren't allowed to be born or raised there no need for it. The bare minimum of tax would be paid to maintain security, health and safety. This could easily be done. If we offer our services to each other in a new fairer exchange where the bottom tier of people cannot achieve the basic services then the system fails.

The difficult part would be these things, doctors don't come cheap, and the ensuing sty will probably be pretty unhealthy place to live.

Ideally, there would be no need for security since we could trust our /b/ros but sure enough there will be trolls so... need to keep them under control. The U.S. government would hardly let us govern ourselves btw.

In our '/b/rave new world' it still will exist within the U.S. until we get big enough... but i think there would be a war before we emancipated... lol. That could be fun.

One thing I was looking into was getting city-wide free internet bordering on 14mbps-50mbps, if we had 300 people and had a 2% tax as well as a minimal yearly tax, we could easily afford massive amounts of town oriented funding and high speed internet.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 pm

Any privacy given to couples?

What's the ruling on trailers? Do we want to take any steps to preventing a trailer parkolypse?
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:01 pm

anon wrote:Any privacy given to couples?

What's the ruling on trailers? Do we want to take any steps to preventing a trailer parkolypse?

Any type of permanent or semi-permanent abode will be acceptable while the town gets on its feet. As for couples, I'd recommend a roomate still, but you are entitled to your privacy as well.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 pm

I think forcing there to be roomates with couples is a terrible idea, to be frank.

Yeah, while starting up, but where do we draw the line between town and trailer park?

Seriously, I think this is important.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

anon wrote:I think forcing there to be roomates with couples is a terrible idea, to be frank.

Yeah, while starting up, but where do we draw the line between town and trailer park?

Seriously, I think this is important.

The town will have to progress as the coming years progress, if we want to secure a federal or private grant, we'll have to label this as a social experiment, essentially pulling people entirely out of their element, and seeing if it is plausible that this could suceed.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by howdyho Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:23 pm

With only ~200 residents, everyone should have a direct say in the laws of the town. Ultimately a law is good for the town if the majority of the town agrees to it. I believe any proposed law that is agreed to by 2/3 of the population should become law.

There will be some laws that are required for the well being of the town, but will not be approved by 2/3 of the population (ex. taxes). Laws such as these will need to be handled by the town government.

howdyho

Back to top Go down

Post by howdyho Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:26 pm

I also believe there should be some sort of requirement for education and skill building, perhaps with community classes. Ultimately the more that town residents are able to do the less dependence there will be on outsiders.

howdyho

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:11 pm

Laws are something that I would advise against trying to nail down before we have the residents assembled. With a community so small we have the opportunity for a direct democracy to figure out and vote on laws. We should take advantage of that.

As for my personal feelings while we should work on making a tight knit community I don't think required classes and forced roommates are good policies. By all means make it evident that these are good ideas that should be taken seriously but don't force them on people. People should be willing to be involved in community activities and making sure the town thrives by choice. Not everyone is going to agree that everything is going to be necessary.

Hobo
Hobo
Writers
Writers

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:47 pm

Two laws:

1) Don't be a dick
2) Don't be a whiny bitch

If everyone follows those laws life will be perfect.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by Dmanrlz2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm

I agree with Hobo, these are all good ideas. But we really should wait till we get everyone together to set all the laws up. And a simple 2/3rds Majority seems like it would work.
Dmanrlz2
Dmanrlz2

Back to top Go down

Post by mitebcool Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:29 pm

LetsDoThis wrote:Two laws:

1) Don't be a dick

One problem, if there are no dicks or whiny bitches then what will we complain about?
mitebcool
mitebcool
Writers
Writers

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 pm

mitebcool wrote:
LetsDoThis wrote:Two laws:

1) Don't be a dick

One problem, if there are no dicks or whiny bitches then what will we complain about?

Lack of food and the heat.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 am

As an alternative to the forced roommates that have been suggested, why not just offer tax incentives based on the number of people sharing a dwelling? For instance, with two people together, they could each pay 2/3 the normal tax rate. If 4 lived together, they could pay 40%, etc. Perhaps with a cap of a certain number of residents per dwelling.

Thoughts?

Madman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:22 am

i like that idea. although maybe not those numbers.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by Madman Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:27 am

What would you say is a more reasonable incentive?

Madman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:30 am

i'm just saying that a 60% cut for 4 people might be a little high. i'm wouldn't know, just sounds that way. fluffysheep is the financial go-to.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by Xolotl Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:10 am

As a community maybe we could find a general product for all of us to work for which would support the community. An example would be all of us working at a distillery which sells its beer to bars in the local area or over the internet. Then we wouldn't need taxes at all and could hive mind during the day and party at night.

Also I agree with Hobo about Laws. Let this town have an identity before you try to identify it with bureaucracy.
Xolotl
Xolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by BaseballBob Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:28 pm

We only really need the basics when it comes to laws. Respect people's property, follow the golden rule, and don't hurt anyone else. Really, I think that once the project gets off the ground and people start getting to the town, things can work if we follow free market principles. We don't need to collect taxes if everyone contributes and if everyone is able to be self sufficient. Of course, voluntary assistance is fine, and if people want to teach their skills to others, things would work. I personally love the idea of getting grants for alternative energy developments, and we could keep the Fed off our backs if we are listed as a tribal land. We need to be creative and think outside the box, otherwise we won't get this off the ground. That's my opinion anyway for what it's worth.

BaseballBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Xolotl Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:59 pm

No Rape. No Murder. No Stealing.

These should be the laws. Other than that its up in the air. I personally am ok with someone having drugs or whatever if they are willing to cop to it if the heat comes. If one person who owns the drugs tells the police it is their drugs the community would be fine and if he refuses to own up I am not against fingering him to protect everyone.
Xolotl
Xolotl

Back to top Go down

Post by sa1vat1on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:00 am

There needs to be some sort of "no-bitchin" rule. We can't be working on an important project to have the feds crashing the party because someone was stupid.
sa1vat1on
sa1vat1on

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:09 pm

sa1vat1on wrote:There needs to be some sort of "no-bitchin" rule. We can't be working on an important project to have the feds crashing the party because someone was stupid.

You're dumb.
We won't have to ever worry about feds because we WON'T BE DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL.
Get it through your thick skulls people.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by ScrotyMcBoogerBalls Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:43 am

I hope people will get serious about this, but there needs to be SOME sort of police. Elected people who can be taken out of their position at any time. They will be armed and can make arrests, but will not have many if any other kinds of special treatment.

ScrotyMcBoogerBalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next