Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In reference to self governance

4 posters

Go down

In reference to self governance  Empty In reference to self governance

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:55 am

Ok guys, I'm going to throw out an idea that I know to work quite well.

Our tribal leadership is set up with a Chief and council members....blah blah blah, the shit that people see on the outside but in all honesty tribes are ran much different.

I am apart of what we call the Four Mothers Society within the Cherokee and Keetoowah nations.

We govern the real actions on the land in terms of grounds and society. With this we have 7 men elders and 7 women elders who reside in their respective areas. The men go to make law and then the women see this law and vote on it as well. It is done in a civil manner and goes on a voting scale. It makes it to where no one person holds the "key" to everything. It actually ballances power quite well. The men go to make law that the tribal members see fit, so say a group comes up with a suggestion for a new law/bylaw, the elder men council will talk it over, keep the idea original, present it back to the tribal members, then vote on it. If this passes then the elder women will look at this and vote on it as well.

Just a suggestion and I know this is just a short summary of how everything goes, however it is a suggestion.

tl;dr model our governing body like that of my tribe
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

In reference to self governance  Empty Re: In reference to self governance

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:41 pm

Dear god, all lurkers and no posters, I'm bumping this! lol
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by medifag Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

dont you amerifags have some kind of law protecting indiginous tribes and tribal law locally? so you can grow and smoke all kinds of herbs and shit?

medifag

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:30 pm

Yes we do, and any native american can register land as such, but if I remember correctly, the land then belongs to the registered tribe. But I'm cherokee and could possibly get it registered as such.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

medifag wrote:dont you amerifags have some kind of law protecting indiginous tribes and tribal law locally? so you can grow and smoke all kinds of herbs and shit?

honestly no, we have an exemption on stuff such as peyote (mescaline) and other various forms of "medicine" as far as invoking native status on lands owned, that has to be handed over to the tribe within the tribal jurisdiction.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

In reference to self governance  Empty nah lol

Post by magick49 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:39 pm

there is obviously a huge market for marijuana in the us...
the smaller ones are mdma lsd dmt shrooms etc, however.. as Terence McKenna envisioned, the evolution of consciousness itself is based on the substances we ingest. ya?

magick49

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:44 pm

If we try to become a Tribal something or other, consider how this effects the possibility of grants.

That said, I like the idea of a council.

I swear every time you mention that you're all tribal and shit, it shocks me. I think it's because I've assosiated you with Pee Wee.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum