Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reality check.

5 posters

Go down

Reality check. Empty Reality check.

Post by josh2434 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:52 am

Okay this town thing is an awesome idea, I see a lot of bright ideas roaming around and we have some solid plans for the town but we need to look at the big picture.
Firstly, this isn't a nuclear holocaust or a zombie apocalypse, so yes thinking of agriculture, laws, occupations etc etc like it may cause us to fail. We will have state laws and federal laws over us. We will have taxed whether we like it or not by both the State of South Dakota and the federal government. Unless anyone is a chief of a Native American tribe, we're not going to have "exempt" status( I know because I am part Mohawk Indian, my family has Indian cards etc)

Second. Are we bringing families with us? Right now it's a bunch of young adult males that are planning to go to this town. Are you bringing girlfriends with you? Wives? Children? this is what grows an economy in a town. It'll be tough if we buy this town with a grant or something before the year is over and everyone in the town has to pay income taxes on the previous year. I work in KFC, and understand the idea of franchises. Customers is what keeps a company growing, it is the same concept in a town. If buy this land and 200 guys go out there and live the town will live 60 to 70 years, and will die when the last person dies. We need families, we need Political science majors to deal with the red tape around this.

Third don't get discouraged! This is how the West was originally settled. I think we have good idea in the making, we just need to look at major goal for the town. Is this just like a year fun in the sun type thing or are we planning to rebuild this town to last the next 100 years?

josh2434

Back to top Go down

Reality check. Empty Re: Reality check.

Post by Mephisto893 Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:58 am

we're planning on using the town as an example of how modern day communities can minimize their carbon footprint. and honestly, this got started for the lulz.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by vivec Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:48 am

"minimize carbon footprint" sounds good until you realize it means you can't have your car, air conditioner, and Wallmart...

vivec

Back to top Go down

Post by long haired larry Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:21 am

I think it all start with anons buying property. Property=political power. Which really all starts with anon saving money. I am absolutely in love with this idea. I also know I may have to wait a few years for this to become a reality, especially as I'm underage with no money saved.

long haired larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:31 am

vivec, we dont need a walmart...

josh:
we know we have laws to go through and work with and around, please read some of our threads, and if you know local laws about the topics, SHARE them with us!

Also, Im not a dude, and several of the guys already have stated plans to bring girlfriends with them, some even have kids, but they will be waiting for second wave once the land is fixed up and we've worked things out

We seem to have a few tribal group members ready to join, but unless one of you is going to become chief and adopt us all into your tribe, I dont think any of use plan on claiming exemption...
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down