Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by chode_blumpkin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:06 pm

This is great joke fodder, but we need to get down to brass tacks. This thread is for the discussion of what it will really take to buy this town, and if we can even do it. We need people who are knowledgeable in several fields like

- Civil Engineering
- Logistics
- Property Law
- Accounting/Banking

And lots more. The town is being listed on Coldwell Banker by David Olsen.
avatar
chode_blumpkin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 31
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile http://chodeblumpkin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by LaezE Boy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

I said this already on the tinychat, but why don't we just raise the money, and buy our own island, and get some wind turbines installed? That way, we won't be subject to american anti-drug laws, and once we get enough anons we can raise the money to make it bigger to support even more anons
avatar
LaezE Boy

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-07-27

View user profile http://laezereviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:09 pm

Like all towns, we need to script a town charter, one that easily sets down rules and regulations, laws that if broken, will end you up in one of the 2 town jails for a predetermined amount of time.

We need to set up a government system for the town, this way we have proper law and order.

As for my personal skills sets, I'm a jack of all trades, but not exactly a master at any (with the exception of computers).
-Moderate knowledge of legal aspects of most things.
-Great at accounting
-Good at repairing vehicles
-Management experience
-Cooking experience
-Quick learner

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by chode_blumpkin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:10 pm

A worthy idea, but we need to come to a consensus. You should start a new thread debating what to do and looking into prices for private island.
avatar
chode_blumpkin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 31
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile http://chodeblumpkin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by chode_blumpkin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:12 pm

jdhfighter wrote:Like all towns, we need to script a town charter, one that easily sets down rules and regulations, laws that if broken, will end you up in one of the 2 town jails for a predetermined amount of time.

We need to set up a government system for the town, this way we have proper law and order.

As for my personal skills sets, I'm a jack of all trades, but not exactly a master at any (with the exception of computers).
-Moderate knowledge of legal aspects of most things.
-Great at accounting
-Good at repairing vehicles
-Management experience
-Cooking experience
-Quick learner

All good ideas, but first thing's first. We need to focus on procuring the property before anything else. This thread is specifically about the purchase and how/if we should do it.
avatar
chode_blumpkin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 31
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile http://chodeblumpkin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MedicalAnon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:14 pm

We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

MedicalAnon

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MultiAnonymousG on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:16 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

casino.... best idea eva!!!!
avatar
MultiAnonymousG

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 22
Location : denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Has anyone checked South Dakota laws? Do they allow for Casinos and gambling? If not, get someone like me (or another), that are of native American decent, we can register the land as tribal, and general us laws no longer apply.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by LaezE Boy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 pm

jdhfighter wrote:Has anyone checked South Dakota laws? Do they allow for Casinos and gambling? If not, get someone like me (or another), that are of native American decent, we can register the land as tribal, and general us laws no longer apply.

are there any disadvantages of it being registered? if not, then it wouldn't hurt to just go ahead and register it
avatar
LaezE Boy

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-07-27

View user profile http://laezereviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Unprox on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:22 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

The island is a bad idea for many reasons: Getting there takes a whole lotta money and time + transporting personal items, tropical diseases, a bit too isolated, bad weather (tsunami goes lolololol).

Casino won't work. Why would people come gamble in our town?
Also drugs if used as income would bring the feds on our asses really fast.
avatar
Unprox

Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 pm

Not really, except you're governed by tribal law, but you're able to grow a plethora of drugs for use in tribal land.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by chode_blumpkin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:26 pm

jdhfighter wrote:Not really, except you're governed by tribal law, but you're able to grow a plethora of drugs for use in tribal land.

Cool, we'll keep that idea on file. For now, we need to figure this shit out about actually buying the place.
avatar
chode_blumpkin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 31
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile http://chodeblumpkin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Mephisto893 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:32 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

privateislandsonline com slash french-island-argentina.htm

tons more land, cheaper.

pros- a LOT more land. cheaper.
cons - no power. no internet. claims good cell reception, so possible to use that for internet.
avatar
Mephisto893
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 79
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MedicalAnon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Unprox wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

The island is a bad idea for many reasons: Getting there takes a whole lotta money and time + transporting personal items, tropical diseases, a bit too isolated, bad weather (tsunami goes lolololol).

Casino won't work. Why would people come gamble in our town?
Also drugs if used as income would bring the feds on our asses really fast.

Why do people go to Vegas to gamble? Its fun...


MedicalAnon

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

Here is my idea as well as some general information.

With 46 acres of land, assuming each person was buying a 1/4 acre plot, setting aside 12 acres for the town center, there aren't many houses the land can support. Once we buy the initial property, we need to start attempting to buy the surrounding properties, we need at least 80 acres to make this work properly.

If each person donates $2,000 we have a feasible amount of space to only house about a fourth of the donators, we need to draw up a map of the land that's for sale, and auction off plots. Once we've got the plots, we need to have a 2nd dollar amount that people must pay in in order to build up a larger area and start maintaining the property.

In order for building to begin, each person will have a fairly hefty tax for the first 5 years, making our little government shitloads of money in order to put forth to building the town square, as well as putting toward purchases of the surrounding land.

Next issue, a house, even a small one could take up to $30,000 to build. In order for us to even begin getting the property into working order, we need a massive source of income, we need at least double the original amount ($1.6m) in order to get everything set up properly.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Unprox on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:40 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:
Unprox wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

The island is a bad idea for many reasons: Getting there takes a whole lotta money and time + transporting personal items, tropical diseases, a bit too isolated, bad weather (tsunami goes lolololol).

Casino won't work. Why would people come gamble in our town?
Also drugs if used as income would bring the feds on our asses really fast.

Why do people go to Vegas to gamble? Its fun...


Whilst there's vegas and we are poorfags in our little town. I see no reason one would come to gamble here, unless he wanted to rob us of all our cash and posesions. The gambling can be done before settling and buying. There must be some trustworthy anon who knows how to gamble and bring profit.
avatar
Unprox

Posts : 10
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by chode_blumpkin on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:43 pm

jdhfighter wrote:Here is my idea as well as some general information.

With 46 acres of land, assuming each person was buying a 1/4 acre plot, setting aside 12 acres for the town center, there aren't many houses the land can support. Once we buy the initial property, we need to start attempting to buy the surrounding properties, we need at least 80 acres to make this work properly.

If each person donates $2,000 we have a feasible amount of space to only house about a fourth of the donators, we need to draw up a map of the land that's for sale, and auction off plots. Once we've got the plots, we need to have a 2nd dollar amount that people must pay in in order to build up a larger area and start maintaining the property.

In order for building to begin, each person will have a fairly hefty tax for the first 5 years, making our little government shitloads of money in order to put forth to building the town square, as well as putting toward purchases of the surrounding land.

Next issue, a house, even a small one could take up to $30,000 to build. In order for us to even begin getting the property into working order, we need a massive source of income, we need at least double the original amount ($1.6m) in order to get everything set up properly.

This is getting trickier. We basically have to sell the town before we buy it. This is getting a lot of media attention and the clock is ticking bounce
avatar
chode_blumpkin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 14
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 31
Location : Columbia, SC

View user profile http://chodeblumpkin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MedicalAnon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

chode_blumpkin wrote:
jdhfighter wrote:Here is my idea as well as some general information.

With 46 acres of land, assuming each person was buying a 1/4 acre plot, setting aside 12 acres for the town center, there aren't many houses the land can support. Once we buy the initial property, we need to start attempting to buy the surrounding properties, we need at least 80 acres to make this work properly.

If each person donates $2,000 we have a feasible amount of space to only house about a fourth of the donators, we need to draw up a map of the land that's for sale, and auction off plots. Once we've got the plots, we need to have a 2nd dollar amount that people must pay in in order to build up a larger area and start maintaining the property.

In order for building to begin, each person will have a fairly hefty tax for the first 5 years, making our little government shitloads of money in order to put forth to building the town square, as well as putting toward purchases of the surrounding land.

Next issue, a house, even a small one could take up to $30,000 to build. In order for us to even begin getting the property into working order, we need a massive source of income, we need at least double the original amount ($1.6m) in order to get everything set up properly.

This is getting trickier. We basically have to sell the town before we buy it. This is getting a lot of media attention and the clock is ticking bounce

Media attention can help us. If we put ourselves out there are very interested, I think things can go somewhere. We can't be caught with our pants around our ankles because some rich asshole buys the land.

MedicalAnon

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MultiAnonymousG on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 pm

Unprox wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:
Unprox wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:We don't need to look for islands niggers. This town is 800k and barely in our price range.

If we have our own town, we can grow weed without feds interfering for a while...

Our main exports will be
Drugs
Computer services
Some sort of lawyer services?
CASINO> We need a HUGE profit industry that will generate cash instantly.

The island is a bad idea for many reasons: Getting there takes a whole lotta money and time + transporting personal items, tropical diseases, a bit too isolated, bad weather (tsunami goes lolololol).

Casino won't work. Why would people come gamble in our town?
Also drugs if used as income would bring the feds on our asses really fast.

Why do people go to Vegas to gamble? Its fun...


Whilst there's vegas and we are poorfags in our little town. I see no reason one would come to gamble here, unless he wanted to rob us of all our cash and posesions. The gambling can be done before settling and buying. There must be some trustworthy anon who knows how to gamble and bring profit.


i know how to make money on roulette. the techniche im using is 100% failproof
avatar
MultiAnonymousG

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 22
Location : denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:47 pm

As stated before, I've got a lot of experience for my young age.

I'll throw it out now, I'm 18, and I don't expect to be a high holding official, should this succeed, but all ideas, from all members should be considered.

I can do just about any job required, carpentry, automobile repair, computer repair, manual labor, etc. Also I've been studying up on laws since I was about 11, I can help with just about any legal aspect, or have several friends that are lawyers that I can consult.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MedicalAnon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:49 pm

jdhfighter wrote:As stated before, I've got a lot of experience for my young age.

I'll throw it out now, I'm 18, and I don't expect to be a high holding official, should this succeed, but all ideas, from all members should be considered.

I can do just about any job required, carpentry, automobile repair, computer repair, manual labor, etc. Also I've been studying up on laws since I was about 11, I can help with just about any legal aspect, or have several friends that are lawyers that I can consult.

Would you mind finding out how to get a grant and what we need to do?

I see no reason why barely legal anons won't hold power in this town. It's not like there are going to be a bunch of 40 year old dudes who want to rule. We are all 18-30 and we all should have equal share in ability to get elected..

MedicalAnon

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Tide on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:50 pm

What we need to do is contact the person or people selling the town and let them know that there is a large base interested in purchasing the town. By telling the seller(s) that there is a large group, the seller(s) will likely see us as having a decent cash pool to buy the town with, and that we have a drive to see this town succeed. At the very least, we let the seller(s) know that we are a potential customer.
avatar
Tide

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Scenic, SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MultiAnonymousG on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

Tide wrote:What we need to do is contact the person or people selling the town and let them know that there is a large base interested in purchasing the town. By telling the seller(s) that there is a large group, the seller(s) will likely see us as having a decent cash pool to buy the town with, and that we have a drive to see this town succeed. At the very least, we let the seller(s) know that we are a potential customer.

+1
avatar
MultiAnonymousG

Posts : 49
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 22
Location : denmark

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:57 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:
jdhfighter wrote:As stated before, I've got a lot of experience for my young age.

I'll throw it out now, I'm 18, and I don't expect to be a high holding official, should this succeed, but all ideas, from all members should be considered.

I can do just about any job required, carpentry, automobile repair, computer repair, manual labor, etc. Also I've been studying up on laws since I was about 11, I can help with just about any legal aspect, or have several friends that are lawyers that I can consult.

Would you mind finding out how to get a grant and what we need to do?

I see no reason why barely legal anons won't hold power in this town. It's not like there are going to be a bunch of 40 year old dudes who want to rule. We are all 18-30 and we all should have equal share in ability to get elected..

What type of grant are you looking for? A bank grant or a federal grant?

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by LaezE Boy on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

let's apply for as many as we can, and just see what we get
avatar
LaezE Boy

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-07-27

View user profile http://laezereviews.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by JD on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 pm

Anonymouse wrote:let's apply for as many as we can, and just see what we get
We can easily get a large scientific grant if we come up with an experiment.

My proposed experiment is, Can a group of several hundred unrelated individuals comes together to create a rigid social and legal structure with minimal starting expediencies?

As for federal grants, if it isn't beneficial to the government, they will not accept it.
Same goes for bank grants, if it isn't profitable to the bank, they won't accept, there has to be a very strong draft before either will accept.

Now here's a kicker, if we apply for a grant through an Indian tribe, we can inform them we are purchasing tribal lands for expanding the knowledge and awareness of native americans, if it benefits the tribe, they'll accept.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Posts : 75
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Owasso, OK

View user profile http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Tide on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:10 pm

jdhfighter wrote:
Anonymouse wrote:let's apply for as many as we can, and just see what we get
We can easily get a large scientific grant if we come up with an experiment.

My proposed experiment is, Can a group of several hundred unrelated individuals comes together to create a rigid social and legal structure with minimal starting expediencies?

As for federal grants, if it isn't beneficial to the government, they will not accept it.
Same goes for bank grants, if it isn't profitable to the bank, they won't accept, there has to be a very strong draft before either will accept.

Now here's a kicker, if we apply for a grant through an Indian tribe, we can inform them we are purchasing tribal lands for expanding the knowledge and awareness of native americans, if it benefits the tribe, they'll accept.


Basically, all we need to do is come up with some bullshit explanation for why we're doing this, and how it will benefit the organization.
avatar
Tide

Posts : 18
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24
Location : Scenic, SD

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by MedicalAnon on Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:19 pm

I just found the biggest lulz possible for our grant:

grants (dawt) gov/search/search(dot)do;jsessionid=?mode=CATSEARCH&fundActivity=RA


A few posts down there is:OJJDP FY 09 Recovery Act Internet Crimes Against Children Research Grants

We will be computer activists tracking down people who bully kids and turn them over to the proper authorities!!!

MedicalAnon

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : South

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by RaTaTaT on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 am

Give this more time to build momentum before attracting larger investors, it's been less than 24 hours man....
avatar
RaTaTaT

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-07-27
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Mephisto893 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 am

i concur with ratata. we have less than a hundred people, and we are still fairly unorganized. although it's nice to know where to go, first we need to have a detailed and eloquent plan drawn up so we look professional, or at least educated.
avatar
Mephisto893
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 79
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Feasibility and Issues of Buying a Town

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum