Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tourism Ideas

+9
debretoman
BaseballBob
anon
mitebcool
MultiAnonymousG
Jay313
schuhshine
FluffySheepz
Mephisto893
13 posters

Go down

Tourism Ideas Empty Tourism Ideas

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:39 pm

medifag posted an interesting comment in one of my earlier threads so I decided to be the first to actually use the Jobs forum lol

Unless we all strike really big here and the town is actually situated on a massive underground gold mine the majority of our income will have to be based on a) Tourism and b) e-commerce. While basic trade may sustain a mediocre existence, the kind of AnonTown I think we are all envisaging here will need substantial income.

Lets focus on the tourism aspect in this thread, internet start-up threads will undoubtedly be created at a later stage.

Ideas? Attractions? Jobs?

Back to top Go down

Tourism Ideas Empty Re: Tourism Ideas

Post by Mephisto893 Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:48 pm

it has a museum, i have a metal detector... profit???

seriously though, we could refurbish the original buildings and market it as a historical big deal, a lot of people visic rapid city which is only 45 minutes away, and the town is literally right off highway 44
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:53 pm

A big one if built up could the looking for fossils. idiot Americans doing their road trip will pay good money to sift through dirt for 3 hours hoping to strike big.

Wind Farming.

Something else crazy. Like the EarthShip idea done right.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by schuhshine Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:18 pm

simple, gain e-library compile all e-documents e.g. films and music. government grant for stockpiling all of the country/worlds cultural files.

schuhshine

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:27 pm

schuhshine wrote:simple, gain e-library compile all e-documents e.g. films and music. government grant for stockpiling all of the country/worlds cultural files.

foundation achieved.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay313 Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Botanical reserve for endangered and exotic plant life.

leaves room for possible state funding/private donations. hell, do tours,
have it where people can pay to help provide supplys for a specific specimen call it "adopt a plant"

also, concerts/music festivals are a good idea for attracting the youth.
keep the biz's localised. no approvals fer walmarts and other big biz's because they cut out the communitys profit.

if the lands good hunting land. a game reserve where you pay a certain amount of money to hunt say, one whitetail deer. some of those are hella expensive to go to, it's something of effort but could pay off in the end
same thing goes for a lake,we can load it with a few breeds, and charge people to fish/or pay by the catch with a steep entry free with a Catch-one guarantee

i had more for this Razz
Jay313
Jay313
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MultiAnonymousG Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:41 am

Jay313 wrote:Botanical reserve for endangered and exotic plant life.

leaves room for possible state funding/private donations. hell, do tours,
have it where people can pay to help provide supplys for a specific specimen call it "adopt a plant"

also, concerts/music festivals are a good idea for attracting the youth.
keep the biz's localised. no approvals fer walmarts and other big biz's because they cut out the communitys profit.

if the lands good hunting land. a game reserve where you pay a certain amount of money to hunt say, one whitetail deer. some of those are hella expensive to go to, it's something of effort but could pay off in the end
same thing goes for a lake,we can load it with a few breeds, and charge people to fish/or pay by the catch with a steep entry free with a Catch-one guarantee

i had more for this Razz

game reserve and put and take fishing.... i like it
MultiAnonymousG
MultiAnonymousG

Back to top Go down

Post by mitebcool Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:30 pm

FluffySheepz wrote:A big one if built up could the looking for fossils. idiot Americans doing their road trip will pay good money to sift through dirt for 3 hours hoping to strike big.

Wind Farming.

I sifted through dirt (it was pre-obtained) and found myself shitloads of uncut gems, we have a museum, I have uncut gems, all we need is someone experienced in gems/knows how to cut them. (we could also sell the gems to support the town)
mitebcool
mitebcool
Writers
Writers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Where'd you get the dirt sample, how large where the gems?
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:52 pm

Anyone ever read any Cory Doctorow book ever?

Build a town of open and free wi-fi and THEY WILL COME.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:16 am

mitebcool wrote:
FluffySheepz wrote:A big one if built up could the looking for fossils. idiot Americans doing their road trip will pay good money to sift through dirt for 3 hours hoping to strike big.

Wind Farming.

I sifted through dirt (it was pre-obtained) and found myself shitloads of uncut gems, we have a museum, I have uncut gems, all we need is someone experienced in gems/knows how to cut them. (we could also sell the gems to support the town)

Fossil are huge and easy to find in the badlands. Shit would be easy. But it is also a cash cow once going. Make up some fake history and bam there you have
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by BaseballBob Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:38 pm

It's not exactly a new or innovative idea, but I've always wanted to build an indoor baseball complex where people could reserve the diamond and play a game, like adults and shit (kids could too if they want). Hell, we could even try to host some half-assed semi-pro adult league. More or less, the indoor baseball complex would be the main focus, maybe even turn it into a training facility. If it's good enough and run correctly, it'd attract guys looking to go pro, college players, and minor league players.

BaseballBob

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay313 Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:46 am

a brewely is sort of a long shot but a shot none the less
Jay313
Jay313
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by debretoman Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:44 am

Jay313 wrote:a brewely is sort of a long shot but a shot none the less

I don't think so. I currently home brew, and can produce over 20 litres of beer a week. it wouldn't take much investment to ramp production to 10 times that. The only problem would be sourcing malts, yeast, hops and other ingredients, but that can all be acquired rather cheaply online. Of course licensing and complying with regulation is another matter entirely, but I doubt it would be too complex of an issue.

debretoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruxador Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:33 am

We have access to normal work. We can grow enough food to live off of. As with any other case, money can be made by selling things, over the internet especially.

We can't count on fossils or tourism. They're simply not reliable sources of cash, especially in this economy.

Brewing is a perfectly solid business idea.
anon wrote: Anyone ever read any Cory Doctorow book ever?

Build a town of open and free wi-fi and THEY WILL COME.
Then we have to pay for that. And we can't monetize it, at least directly, so it adds to the problem rather than helping to fix it.

Cruxador

Back to top Go down

Post by LexalGraves Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 am

We could take advantage of the Rails to Trails program slated to come through the town? Or maybe host conventions? They don't exactly have comic-con over there.
LexalGraves
LexalGraves

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:05 am

lex, where shall we host this con? in the 'dance hall' ?
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruxador Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:15 am

Conventions could take over the entire town. They would have to, if they got big. The dance hall would host lectures, most things would be outside.

Cruxador

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:25 am

you guys even look at the videos yet? not enough buildings to host even a 100 member con...
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by luftwaffle Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:53 pm

I remember someone saying something about an airsoft tournament so i think if the time is right and we are'nt working on the entire town section part off and use the un worked on part for the tournament
luftwaffle
luftwaffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:00 pm

paintball/airsoft park would be awesome ^^
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 pm

paintball. fuck yeah. i'll finally get a chance to show off my bob long protege.. which i'm considering selling for a couple hundred to donate. so. if your interested, PM?
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down