Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kickstarter

+6
Bman
AnyAnon
cherokeeroodypoo
debretoman
Atemporal
calthephenom
10 posters

Go down

Kickstarter Empty Kickstarter

Post by calthephenom Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Could we start a kickstarter campaign for this? It'd be the easiest way to manage the donation pool.
We'd set it for say, $1,000,000. Since kickstarter takes like 5% or something like that from each campaign.
calthephenom
calthephenom

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter Empty Re: Kickstarter

Post by Atemporal Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:35 pm

YES, THIS! this sounds exactly like what we need, secure, well known, and no money is taken until the goal is reached. bumping for great idea, good work calthephenom!
Atemporal
Atemporal

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter Empty totally agree

Post by debretoman Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 pm

I totally agree, would do it myself but I'm an Ausfag and that would make the logistics difficult. But I checked their website and it looks like quite a quick and easy process to set up. Hopefully we can get it set up in the next day or so.

debretoman

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:52 pm

debretoman wrote:I totally agree, would do it myself but I'm an Ausfag and that would make the logistics difficult. But I checked their website and it looks like quite a quick and easy process to set up. Hopefully we can get it set up in the next day or so.

get your ass here man, we'll look into finding research visas
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

Post by AnyAnon Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:30 am

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:get your ass here man, we'll look into finding research visas

That would be so awesome. I am eurofag myself, and getting into that shitcountry of yours is hard as fuck.

AnyAnon

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

It definitely isn't my country, well it is in a way, it was my ancestors country before you euro fucks brought over a shit ton of diseases lolol
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AnyAnon Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:25 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:It definitely isn't my country, well it is in a way, it was my ancestors country before you euro fucks brought over a shit ton of diseases lolol

That's biological warfare at its best, bro!

AnyAnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bman Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:12 pm

calthephenom wrote:Could we start a kickstarter campaign for this? It'd be the easiest way to manage the donation pool.
We'd set it for say, $1,000,000. Since kickstarter takes like 5% or something like that from each campaign.

The main reason we're not doing kickstarter/rockethub/indiegogo is the fees which range from 8%-12% as well as both forms not being entirely adequate for our needs. If we have enough momentum it is better to only lose 2-3% to fees with direct money transfer through googlecheckout and paypal, or even direct transfer from account to account.

However I suppose if there were enough people preferring kickstarter, that could be used.
Bman
Bman

Back to top Go down

Post by calthephenom Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Well i'm sure you could negotiate the fees down. Most campaigns aren't a million dollars...
calthephenom
calthephenom

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:19 pm

AnyAnon wrote:
cherokeeroodypoo wrote:It definitely isn't my country, well it is in a way, it was my ancestors country before you euro fucks brought over a shit ton of diseases lolol

That's biological warfare at its best, bro!

lol, well we took a good chunk of you euro and amerifags outta the way before we were finally "tamed" lol
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:00 pm

about the issue of kickstarter...

"Kickstarter can be used to fund projects from the creative fields of Art, Comics, Dance, Design, Fashion, Film, Food, Games, Music, Photography, Publishing, Technology, and Theater. We currently only support projects from these categories."

what category would reviving a ghost town be?
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by AnyAnon Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Mephisto893 wrote:about the issue of kickstarter...

"Kickstarter can be used to fund projects from the creative fields of Art, Comics, Dance, Design, Fashion, Film, Food, Games, Music, Photography, Publishing, Technology, and Theater. We currently only support projects from these categories."

what category would reviving a ghost town be?

That's easy. Dance.

AnyAnon

Back to top Go down

Post by calthephenom Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Design and Art could potentially work. If we were to make this more of an "art experiment".
calthephenom
calthephenom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gulrakruk Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:18 am

It could count as Film if we decide to make a movie or day by day vlog about it.
Gulrakruk
Gulrakruk

Back to top Go down

Post by calthephenom Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:24 am

THATS IT! We'd make a docu about it, sell it to some indie film company, profit!
calthephenom
calthephenom

Back to top Go down

Post by Gulrakruk Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:32 am

It would be awesome, and if we presented it to youtube, then it may get alot a lot of coverage. I don't know how the rest of our little community feels about it. I think we all have our opinions of /b/ and how it should be talked about, and if it did get major coverage, would it be just an interesting documentary or an outlet to bring even more summerfags to town. Also, it would be exposing 4chan as a whole (Unless we make it look like we just all met on some random chat room) more shit from 4chan.

That being said, I think something small should be made out of it; if anything. I have one of those high def handy cam's and I know how to edit videos, and I can probably guarantee that there is someone out there better than me.

I know that the idea that we are some secret club in the back of the internet is preposterous, but I want to know some more opinions on this.
You said it yourself. It is preposterous. Everyone knows about 4chan. Everyone. Stop thinking you're cool for going there.

Last edited by LetsDoThis on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 'Cause he's fuckin' retarded)
Gulrakruk
Gulrakruk

Back to top Go down

Post by long haired larry Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:38 am

SOO many good ideas here. We could start it as a place to perform/create/recording studio/ art museum/.

We could also film a documentary on this, making us money and getting us publicity. We could also host concerts generating revenue and getting us publicity and tourists.

EDIT: IF we presented it in this light it's also likely we could get a grant.

long haired larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:11 am

you guys do realize we can film it ourselves and discovery channel will likely let us be a summer program at least, right?

we dont need to sell it to anyone, we need a web board where all of those living on the farm keep a vlog and update at least once a week.

for those who have netflix, look up survivors, its a post-plague style Apocalypse reality show, they throw a group of people together and force them to live off what they can find in a deserted area

if anyone has any web page/ video editing talents, this is where we start using you. and you'd better work fast, I have a whip.
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum