Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our friend Silver

2 posters

Go down

Our friend Silver Empty Our friend Silver

Post by Bman Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:54 pm

I figure it's a good idea to back Anontown with silver.

WTF am I talking about, you may ask. Well it is simple. There are still many old silver coins in circulation around the world and people do not realize they are silver.

http://www.coinflation.com/silver_coin_values.html

Now the plan is easy, if you work a job with a cash register. Whenever you can, look through the coins and if you find a silver one, swap it out for a regular one you have. Within 1 week of doing this at work an anon here already has gotten 2 silver coins, so this isn't that hard to do. It just takes some time and effort.

Together a few coins from each anon add up into good money. Possibly make Bank of Anon or something one day with it as real solid backing. I dunno about that but still, it's an easy and effective way to contribute to anontown.
Bman
Bman

Back to top Go down

Our friend Silver Empty Re: Our friend Silver

Post by luftwaffle Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:27 pm

This sounds like a pretty good idea il start keeping an eye out for silver.
luftwaffle
luftwaffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Bman Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:49 pm

luftwaffle wrote:This sounds like a pretty good idea il start keeping an eye out for silver.

The dimes are a real bitch to look for since the dates on them are so tiny, also I think they get lost too easy over so many years, I've never found a silver dime yet. However that's only 1 week of looking.

I find the easiest way to remember for US coins is this
1964 and earlier for dimes and quarters
1945 and earlier for nickels

and if you feel like making very small money, get the copper pennies, 1982 and earlier, since the copper is worth about 2.5 cents in each penny lol
Bman
Bman

Back to top Go down

Post by luftwaffle Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

lol so anything before those dates are silver or copper?
luftwaffle
luftwaffle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:49 pm

Silver's spot price is around 39-40 per ounce for pure (99.9%-99.99%). A dime is 2.2 grams. If you want to back Anontown with precious metals, gold is a better option as the silver market seems artificially high due to the recent panic in the US economy. Remember, you're using precious metals as a hedge against inflation, not to play the market so gold will almost always be a better option since we wouldn't be looking to make money off an investment. Also, standardization is important. Are these junk silver coins or investment grade silver? For standardization purposes, American Silver Eagles and Chinese Silver Pandas would be the best option, as these also have numismatic value to collectors as well as the fact that they're investment grade pure. A monster box of ASEs [500 in sealed tubes] runs for about 22k and gives you the best deal for your money as the price above spot is lowest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bman Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:49 pm

Well it's just a little thing that anons can do anyway whilst bored at work I think. Not having people go out of their way to purchase silver and gold.
Bman
Bman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum