Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Communication and Weather Ideas

3 posters

Go down

Communication and Weather Ideas Empty Communication and Weather Ideas

Post by cyb0rg Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 am

Just some ideas...

On the thought of communication: Amateur Radio. It's cheap to get a licence ($20). It's cheap to get a radio (A handheld is about $50), a signal repeater starts at $80 (the repeater doesn't matter as much as how much power you can repeat with and how good the antenna is). You can also use Automatic Packet Reporting System (APRS) to track via GPS and message city staff and storm spotters (see my next post).

On the thought of weather: I do have a pretty good command center at my home in Kansas. If we set it up correctly, I can coordinate storm spotters and monitor weather till I am old enough to plead for full rights (16 in my state) and possibly move. They do it at SPC (Storm Prediction Center), so, why can't we?

cyb0rg

Back to top Go down

Communication and Weather Ideas Empty Re: Communication and Weather Ideas

Post by long haired larry Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:14 am

This is all brilliant but why South Dakota? Why not somewhere warmer and more remote?

long haired larry

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:25 am

Very cool idea cyb0rg!

However.. for your own sake, please stay home with your folks and finish school (or take a ged test to finish early?) and apply for college in a related field! Extra experience is always a good thing, and someday maybe you'll be in charge of anon radio 40.4fm xp
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by cyb0rg Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:08 am

Very true. If you guys get this off the ground, you will be seeing me in a few years xD

cyb0rg

Back to top Go down

Post by Moxi Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:17 pm

^^ very good!
also, if your parents give permission you'd be able to move, however the school up there is way little and thats the main reason I suggest staying where you are
Moxi
Moxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down