Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN

+7
Patrick
anon
cherokeeroodypoo
SexFace
Tide
MedicalAnon
Harmony
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN Empty How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN

Post by Harmony Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:53 pm

We can get Sociology/Biology/ETCology funding for this if we make a proposal, very professionally, and present it to government agencies, colleges or research societies. If we take a trial time (say two years) we can do a 'study' about how communities are integral or whatever to humans for whatever reason. Make a bullshit thesis and voila we have our town for two years. Once the 'study' is over, we can keep the town if the 'study' is presented well enough to get an extension. Once we get the extension it is plausible to become a legit town without debt. Self sufficient and everything.

Any questions?
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN Empty Re: How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN

Post by MedicalAnon Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Harmony wrote:
Any questions?

When do we start? and can we get funding for seeing the effect of debaucherous sex and drugs on 18-25 year old males?

MedicalAnon

Back to top Go down

How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN Empty Re: How to get scientific funding for this: LISTEN AND LEARN

Post by Tide Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Harmony wrote:We can get Sociology/Biology/ETCology funding for this if we make a proposal, very professionally, and present it to government agencies, colleges or research societies. If we take a trial time (say two years) we can do a 'study' about how communities are integral or whatever to humans for whatever reason. Make a bullshit thesis and voila we have our town for two years. Once the 'study' is over, we can keep the town if the 'study' is presented well enough to get an extension. Once we get the extension it is plausible to become a legit town without debt. Self sufficient and everything.

Any questions?

We could find a grad student in one of those areas looking for an easy thesis to help us with that.
Tide
Tide

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:56 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:
Harmony wrote:
Any questions?

When do we start? and can we get funding for seeing the effect of debaucherous sex and drugs on 18-25 year old males?

I'm serious, man.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by MedicalAnon Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Harmony wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:
Harmony wrote:
Any questions?

I'm serious, man.

I know that you are serious. I just made a light joke...

I understand how retarded the government is. We can talk about the ability to get grants all day. Someone needs to fucking apply.

MedicalAnon

Back to top Go down

Post by SexFace Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 pm

I had this idea too, except it was more along the lines of psychology. Something like putting together a bunch of people and how they develop in society. Watch social classes form and what not... not exactly sure what it should be, just something like that.
SexFace
SexFace
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Tide wrote:
Harmony wrote:We can get Sociology/Biology/ETCology funding for this if we make a proposal, very professionally, and present it to government agencies, colleges or research societies. If we take a trial time (say two years) we can do a 'study' about how communities are integral or whatever to humans for whatever reason. Make a bullshit thesis and voila we have our town for two years. Once the 'study' is over, we can keep the town if the 'study' is presented well enough to get an extension. Once we get the extension it is plausible to become a legit town without debt. Self sufficient and everything.

Any questions?

We could find a grad student in one of those areas looking for an easy thesis to help us with that.

Do you know any grad students? I don't think we need one in that area, but it would help location-wise.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:01 pm

MedicalAnon wrote:
Harmony wrote:
MedicalAnon wrote:
Harmony wrote:
Any questions?

I'm serious, man.

I know that you are serious. I just made a light joke...

I understand how retarded the government is. We can talk about the ability to get grants all day. Someone needs to fucking apply.
Okay, well find somebody...I can't get a grant because I'm underage. Sorry for sounding like a douche.
Harmony
Harmony

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Ok so I work for the US Dept of the Interior, so I'm you in.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm

What if we pitched the social experiment of the physical manifestation of Internet Culture?
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:48 pm

anon wrote:What if we pitched the social experiment of the physical manifestation of Internet Culture?

not going to work, for real we need a pitch that will work
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Well, I don't see why we couldn't Get grants to see the feasibility of new technologies in agriculture.
Right now were talking about Aquaponics in the "How do we feed a city?" thread.

Patrick

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Patrick wrote:Well, I don't see why we couldn't Get grants to see the feasibility of new technologies in agriculture.
Right now were talking about Aquaponics in the "How do we feed a city?" thread.

Thank you! See, you agree with me. Can you imagine if we pitched the idea of an entire town that is locally sustainable? The government would piss itself with excitement. Now I don't know if we need to get that extreme, but certainly, the idea of a "future town" trying to support itself and reduce its carbon footprint ...

I just am afraid that we're going to come across as a trailer-park filled with pedofiles, racists and hippies.

And I don't know about you guys, but I'm still interested in the physical manifestation of internet culture, and the governing that comes out of that. They could draw parallels as a way of governing a widely ungoverned landscape.

Do you know any grad students? I don't think we need one in that area, but it would help location-wise.

I know one. He says no fucking way is he doing this for his thesis, but he is interesting in joining the Anontown think-tank.
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tide Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:39 pm

I think we should pitch ourselves as developing new methods of agriculture, alternative energy, sustainability, etc. And we are buying the town so we can apply and test our discoveries on a large-scale level.
Tide
Tide

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 am

Tide wrote:I think we should pitch ourselves as developing new methods of agriculture, alternative energy, sustainability, etc. And we are buying the town so we can apply and test our discoveries on a large-scale level.

This right here plus 1 internet. I really think what we could achieve will show how communities can be self sufficient without government assistance, well....after the grant lol. I think we could set the model for how cities and communities could become self sufficient all the while keeping their carbon foot print down. I honestly see this thing sky rocketing after the media gets a hold of it.

I really think this could be so big we could pitch this to Bill and Melinda Gates and receive funding from their charity services. We could be the model for how african villages and towns could become self sufficient. Our big concerns here will be first and foremost, Water, then food, then health, after that it's more a basis of trial and error.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 am

that's great, but self sufficient also includes clothes, and i haven't seen a single person say they know how to turn a sack of cotton balls into a shirt..
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:08 am

Mephisto893 wrote:that's great, but self sufficient also includes clothes, and i haven't seen a single person say they know how to turn a sack of cotton balls into a shirt..

Those are the minor details right now, we are comparing apples to oranges. We are not going off the grid which it seems like you think we are. We are merely making an attempt at living and coexisting for the benefit of man. Yeah we have a fucking moral compass of sorts for once lol cyclops
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:11 am

I think i understand. I think someone should draft up a general short and long term plan, and post it for approval and suggestion. i think we have the rough outline pretty much done. it's just scattered across the forum.
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:14 am

Mephisto893 wrote:I think i understand. I think someone should draft up a general short and long term plan, and post it for approval and suggestion. i think we have the rough outline pretty much done. it's just scattered across the forum.

very true, I think we need a master thread, I am a mod but don't have pinning abilities, but if I did/do (and don't yet realize it) then we'll get a master thread with all the ideas and then go from there. This in all likelihood can and will work, it's now up to us to actually act on it and not go back to fapping in our parents basement.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephisto893 Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 am

well. i just recently discovered via the chatroom that apparently this thing was on every major news site. google "town for sale" and you'll see what i mean. we might need to speed up the whole process, or just start planning for another location to prevent lost time
Mephisto893
Mephisto893

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:24 am

Mephisto893 wrote:well. i just recently discovered via the chatroom that apparently this thing was on every major news site. google "town for sale" and you'll see what i mean. we might need to speed up the whole process, or just start planning for another location to prevent lost time

I honestly think we should plan for this town, if we plan for this then if it falls through we have everything in order to go ahead and start elsewhere. I don't think a contingency plan is needed
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:41 am

OK! Grant money and where to get it!

http://www.grants.gov/aboutgrants/grant_categories.jsp

We have 9 different categories Aquaponics can fit into.

AGRICULTURE,
Its advanced farming.

BUISNESS AND COMMERCE,
Its also Creating a product that can be sold for moolah to other towns and junk.

COMMUNITY DEVELPOMENT,
Were doing this to create the community aren't we?

ENERGY,
Locally grown means less transportation cost, solar panels can power the simple pumps blah blah blah.

ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY,
Were making food without pesticides OR chemical sludge created by hydroponics.

FOOD AND NUTRITION,
Were making GRADE A ORGANIC food here. Its got way better nutritional values than the mass produced and shipped stuff. Damn.

HEALTH,
Eat your vegetables. Food comes from here! NOT MC DONALDS!

NATURAL RESOURCES,
Uses 80-90% less water and less space than conventional farming.

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,
Were farming Pioneers, were gonna test which fish do best with which vegetables aint we? Sustainability! FUCK YEAH!

In closing someone get on this shit. I can't do it, I'm Canadian.

Patrick

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 am

Patrick wrote:OK! Grant money and where to get it!

http://www.grants.gov/aboutgrants/grant_categories.jsp

We have 9 different categories Aquaponics can fit into.

AGRICULTURE,
Its advanced farming.

BUISNESS AND COMMERCE,
Its also Creating a product that can be sold for moolah to other towns and junk.

COMMUNITY DEVELPOMENT,
Were doing this to create the community aren't we?

ENERGY,
Locally grown means less transportation cost, solar panels can power the simple pumps blah blah blah.

ENVIRONMENTAL QUALITY,
Were making food without pesticides OR chemical sludge created by hydroponics.

FOOD AND NUTRITION,
Were making GRADE A ORGANIC food here. Its got way better nutritional values than the mass produced and shipped stuff. Damn.

HEALTH,
Eat your vegetables. Food comes from here! NOT MC DONALDS!

NATURAL RESOURCES,
Uses 80-90% less water and less space than conventional farming.

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,
Were farming Pioneers, were gonna test which fish do best with which vegetables aint we? Sustainability! FUCK YEAH!

In closing someone get on this shit. I can't do it, I'm Canadian.

let me start by saying I love you! This actually would fucking work a shit ton, now we have to find a figurehead for this. Umm it better not be me lol, I'm not sure how old everyone is here but I might be the oldest one at 24.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:48 am

yeah that was some rambling bs lol, serves me right for typing and trying to make a point while talking on the phone at the same time. Ok so here's the deal, we need to conglomerate every idea we have and post it on one thread, then we have some eloquent fuck write out a decent proposal to present (most likely via email) to whatever representative it is we need to contact. After that we begin the waiting game. After looking at pictures of this place it's pretty much a fucking wreck. It was built in 1906 so most of the buildings there are original. Much like I thought it does have a lot of traffic through it every day (700) average. So we can produce money from a small road side farmers market, host annual poker runs. blah blah blah. I'm getting ahead of myself now but in all reality this looks promising.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by OSfag Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:40 am

I'll post this here because I just don't know where to go. You guys totally need to check out opensourceecology dot org. It's pretty much everything you need and more than you can think of.

Open Source Ecology is a network of farmers, engineers, and supporters that for the last two years has been creating the Global Village Construction Set, an open source, low-cost, high performance technological platform that allows for the easy, DIY fabrication of the 50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a sustainable civilization with modern comforts. The GVCS lowers the barriers to entry into farming, building, and manufacturing and can be seen as a life-size lego-like set of modular tools that can create entire economies, whether in rural Missouri, where the project was founded, in urban redevelopment, or in the developing world.

OSfag

Back to top Go down

Post by MultiAnonymousG Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:19 am

OSfag wrote:I'll post this here because I just don't know where to go. You guys totally need to check out opensourceecology dot org. It's pretty much everything you need and more than you can think of.

Open Source Ecology is a network of farmers, engineers, and supporters that for the last two years has been creating the Global Village Construction Set, an open source, low-cost, high performance technological platform that allows for the easy, DIY fabrication of the 50 different Industrial Machines that it takes to build a sustainable civilization with modern comforts. The GVCS lowers the barriers to entry into farming, building, and manufacturing and can be seen as a life-size lego-like set of modular tools that can create entire economies, whether in rural Missouri, where the project was founded, in urban redevelopment, or in the developing world.

that actualy sounds like its a good way to get the machines we will need for this town to work, although they may need to get replaced once the town is up and running
MultiAnonymousG
MultiAnonymousG

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:48 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:

let me start by saying I love you! This actually would fucking work a shit ton, now we have to find a figurehead for this. Umm it better not be me lol, I'm not sure how old everyone is here but I might be the oldest one at 24.

Honestly, I would be a great figure head. I'm good looking, extremely intelligent, quick on my feet (in a verbal sense), and very charismatic. I could have half of the professors from my college supporting me in an instant. However, for my ideas we need some one who is around 40 yrs old.

As for possible grants, I think we are looking at this wrong. We do not have any real experts in any of the areas of agriculture or alternative energy to make it feasible. I think we should do a study on Generation X. For those of you unfamiliar with Generation X it is basically our generation. We were raised very differently than any previous generation. We had a "winning isn't important as long as you try" and "you never fail you just succeed less" mentality imposed on us all of our lives. This could lead to some serious and unforeseen consequences when we are running this country.
In addition to the over-coddling we received we also have learned differently than all previous generations. We are a generation that knows a little about a lot. This could be good, allowing everyone to contribute in multiple areas, or bad, having no one be really good at anything.
These, along with many other differences between Generation X and previous generations are of great concern for many psychologists and sociologists. In fact, there are currently people out there studying the possible ramifications of our upbringing. The only difference is that everything they do is small-scale. What we need to do is find one of those people and propose this idea to them.

tl;dr
Study of possible future of our generation
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:14 pm

LetsDoThis wrote:
cherokeeroodypoo wrote:

Honestly, I would be a great figure head. I'm good looking, extremely intelligent, quick on my feet (in a verbal sense), and very charismatic. I could have half of the professors from my college supporting me in an instant. However, for my ideas we need some one who is around 40 yrs old.

As for possible grants, I think we are looking at this wrong. We do not have any real experts in any of the areas of agriculture or alternative energy to make it feasible. I think we should do a study on Generation X. For those of you unfamiliar with Generation X it is basically our generation. We were raised very differently than any previous generation. We had a "winning isn't important as long as you try" and "you never fail you just succeed less" mentality imposed on us all of our lives. This could lead to some serious and unforeseen consequences when we are running this country.
In addition to the over-coddling we received we also have learned differently than all previous generations. We are a generation that knows a little about a lot. This could be good, allowing everyone to contribute in multiple areas, or bad, having no one be really good at anything.
These, along with many other differences between Generation X and previous generations are of great concern for many psychologists and sociologists. In fact, there are currently people out there studying the possible ramifications of our upbringing. The only difference is that everything they do is small-scale. What we need to do is find one of those people and propose this idea to them.

tl;dr
Study of possible future of our generation

HEY NOW! I am very experienced in agriculture and beef production lol! I actually see this as a major social experiment in that sense with Gen x/y I'm a mid 80's baby and am pretty sure I'm listed as gen y so I think for the most part we are all y'ers with a few gen z'ers....(is that an actual generation? lol)

I think for the sake of our leadership we need this as a test and a measure of how well we will fare. I can tell you that I was probably raised completely differently that most on here as I was raised on the Osage Nation Reservation by my great grandparents who spoke Osage and Cherokee in the household. We weren't really coddled at all out here, it was mostly a try and try and try until you succeed, failure is not an option. So from the get go I can see myself clashing with those who would give minimal effort to achieve a task
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:20 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:

HEY NOW! I am very experienced in agriculture and beef production lol! I actually see this as a major social experiment in that sense with Gen x/y I'm a mid 80's baby and am pretty sure I'm listed as gen y so I think for the most part we are all y'ers with a few gen z'ers....(is that an actual generation? lol)

I think for the sake of our leadership we need this as a test and a measure of how well we will fare. I can tell you that I was probably raised completely differently that most on here as I was raised on the Osage Nation Reservation by my great grandparents who spoke Osage and Cherokee in the household. We weren't really coddled at all out here, it was mostly a try and try and try until you succeed, failure is not an option. So from the get go I can see myself clashing with those who would give minimal effort to achieve a task

Awesome!
You are perfect from a survival and sociological standpoint.
Your upbringing could either cause you to quickly rise to the head of the town or become a complete outcast.
Would you be seen as a person to lead us and set us in line or as an outsider who forced us to work.
This would parallel with how we will respond to authority when we are in our 40's.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 pm

LetsDoThis wrote:
cherokeeroodypoo wrote:

Awesome!
You are perfect from a survival and sociological standpoint.
Your upbringing could either cause you to quickly rise to the head of the town or become a complete outcast.
Would you be seen as a person to lead us and set us in line or as an outsider who forced us to work.
This would parallel with how we will respond to authority when we are in our 40's.

I have a need to lead, it's in my nature. I'm a squad boss for the Osage Agency Wild Land Fire Dept which is a US Dept of the Interior job, so leading is something I strive for. I also played college baseball until my Jr year when I destroyed my shoulder and elbow in a car crash and then after took over coaching the American Legion team back home. I was the State Master Councilor for the New Mexico Order of DeMolay (masonic stuff) so again my leadership abilities are there. I am always willing to work with others, help teach and never chastise, I find myself taking over though when someone is not preforming well but while I take over I teach them while I am working. My biggest intolerance is for those who are lazy and slothful, those who come to do something and give it minimal effort and complain. Those I just tell to go elsewhere. I would think I would be a fair leader, however I am one who likes to lead in a council like setting, I like a multi-leader system, where I am in charge of areas I am efficient at and others in their fields. I think that would be an amazing form of structure here as well.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum