Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hi Anon and/or Femanon,

Please login, or if you haven't registered please register and help out our cause of creating the first Anon Town.

Thanks,

-Jake.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything You Need To Know.

+4
SexFace
FluffySheepz
JD
cherokeeroodypoo
8 posters

Go down

Everything You Need To Know. Empty Everything You Need To Know.

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:12 pm

derp.

Last edited by x___sushimosh on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Town purchased already.)

Back to top Go down

Everything You Need To Know. Empty Re: Everything You Need To Know.

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:13 pm

you need to tl;dr this lol, I didn't even read it all, but from what I did read, fucking good job anon
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

https://anontown.rpg-board.net/u7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

cherokeeroodypoo wrote:you need to tl;dr this lol, I didn't even read it all, but from what I did read, fucking good job anon

If you're serious about Anontown, take the time to read it. I nearly turbo facepalmed when I read the "LISTEN AND LEARN" thread or whatever the fuck they were babbling about. It's clear that even at a glance anon has it's fist up it's ass when it comes to knowledge on this cluster of topics that I've outlined.

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 pm

x___sushimosh wrote:
cherokeeroodypoo wrote:you need to tl;dr this lol, I didn't even read it all, but from what I did read, fucking good job anon

If you're serious about Anontown, take the time to read it. I nearly turbo facepalmed when I read the "LISTEN AND LEARN" thread or whatever the fuck they were babbling about. It's clear that even at a glance anon has it's fist up it's ass when it comes to knowledge on this cluster of topics that I've outlined.

I'll read it here later, right now I've got a date with the disc golf course! I can already tell that you'll be a valuable asset. I don't really know shit about grants so I'm not really going to talk on it outside of saying eff yeah or something, what I'm good at will be used once we are ready to present the idea and then actually go through with it.
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Anonman Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:23 pm

so about General funding, whould that be infrastructure funds and whatnot?

Also do you think we would be ellegible for Rehabilitation funding because of the fact that this place honestly is in rather shitty conditions and if surrounded by badlands territory, which is some of the worst conditions for living in the US?

Anonman

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 pm

We've got an awesome disk golf course over here in owasso.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherokeeroodypoo Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:29 pm

JD wrote:We've got an awesome disk golf course over here in owasso.

yeah it's not bad, when I go south to the tulsa area i usually go play black hawk or haikey creek, those are some tough ass courses!
cherokeeroodypoo
cherokeeroodypoo
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by JD Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:32 pm

I've honestly never been.

JD
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

http://jdhpro.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:33 pm

one of the best posts on here. Good stuff op. I think this is a great way of going. We just need to work out the kinks.

As for the shell company. I can look into what needs to be done to create one. I not sure if I will create or give you guys the means to do it.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:35 pm

Anonman wrote:so about General funding, whould that be infrastructure funds and whatnot?

Also do you think we would be ellegible for Rehabilitation funding because of the fact that this place honestly is in rather shitty conditions and if surrounded by badlands territory, which is some of the worst conditions for living in the US?

derp.

Last edited by x___sushimosh on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Town purchased already.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 pm

FluffySheepz wrote:one of the best posts on here. Good stuff op. I think this is a great way of going. We just need to work out the kinks.

As for the shell company. I can look into what needs to be done to create one. I not sure if I will create or give you guys the means to do it.

According to one of my former closest associates, there are companies who can set up a nonprofit organization, file the paperwork and make sure it's registered and legitimate for about $350-$500. I never looked into it myself, but he's credible so I don't doubt the information. If there are, it's cheap even by my standards and it'll save you the hassle of dealing with the paperwork.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:41 pm

x___sushimosh wrote:
FluffySheepz wrote:one of the best posts on here. Good stuff op. I think this is a great way of going. We just need to work out the kinks.

According to one of my former closest associates, there are companies who can set up a nonprofit organization, file the paperwork and make sure it's registered and legitimate for about $350-$500. I never looked into it myself, but he's credible so I don't doubt the information. If there are, it's cheap even by my standards and it'll save you the hassle of dealing with the paperwork.

I am more worried about whose name the company would be in ( not sure if i want my name on it just yet ). That wouldn't be a problem at and very simple to do. I wonder if my lawyer can do it or if he knows someone.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:44 pm

FluffySheepz wrote:
x___sushimosh wrote:

I am more worried about whose name the company would be in ( not sure if i want my name on it just yet ). That wouldn't be a problem at and very simple to do. I wonder if my lawyer can do it or if he knows someone.

That's something that also concerned me, and it should definitely be a talking point from here on out. From my experience in the field, I'd say one option would be to establish a nonprofit community foundation whose mission statement or purpose would be to directly revitalize the town, thus making it not only legitimate, but a good media draw as well. Local news loves community development/revitalization, so it could garner support from neighboring communities as a backslider (and a welcome one at that).

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffySheepz Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 pm

x___sushimosh wrote:
FluffySheepz wrote:
x___sushimosh wrote:

That's something that also concerned me, and it should definitely be a talking point from here on out. From my experience in the field, I'd say one option would be to establish a nonprofit community foundation whose mission statement or purpose would be to directly revitalize the town, thus making it not only legitimate, but a good media draw as well. Local news loves community development/revitalization, so it could garner support from neighboring communities as a backslider (and a welcome one at that).

Going that route would also be ideal if the Buying of this town falls throw and we are looking for an other town to buy. I think that might be the best way to go.

Revitalization of "ghost" towns using alternative energy and alternative farming techniques to create a sustainable community. something like that.
FluffySheepz
FluffySheepz

Back to top Go down

Post by SexFace Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 am

x___sushimosh wrote:After reading a couple threads, I realized that most, if not all of you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the entire grant process. Listen and learn for real now:

There are many different types of funding opportunities. Both Federal and non-federal funding is usually awarded to proposals/applicants that demonstrate the ability or need to carry out the following:

Capital Construction/Renovation
Equipment
General Projects (if you have any questions, ask me specifically for this one)
Centers conducting research and/or providing services to an area
Challenge Grants (Ask me specifically if you want me to elaborate)
Collaborative Projects (between two or more entities, also referred to as cooperative agreements on occasion)
Computer Infrastructure/Networks
Conferences (Hosting/Conducting/Attending, not much use to Anontown)
CRADAs (Cooperative Research and Development Agreements, different from the aforementioned)
Curriculum Development
Writing Projects (Ignore)
Demonstrations/Evaluations (usually funding for these is released in tender form)
Development of Programs
Dissertations (usually awards for dissertations written, I assist mostly colleges and universities, especially graduate students/postdoctorals)
Endowments
Exchange Programs
Various Professorships (e.g. the kind that the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars conducts via their Fulbright program)
Fulbright Programs (Ignore these)
General Operating Funds (Ask me specifically if you have questions)
Residencies (Ignore these, they're for faculty/students/postdocs mainly)
The dissemination of information/information systems (ignore these)
Internships
Land acquisition (keep your eyes peeled for these NOFAs)
Prizes/Awards (Anontown might be eligible, there's tons for literally everything you can think of. There are prizes given to Herpetological societies for fuck's sake)
Publication (For you author anons out there)
Outreach Programs (for disadvantaged/minorities/WIC/veterans/disabled people)
Lectureships (ignore)
Sabbaticals (ignore
Research Grants/R&D
SBIR/SBTT (might find NOFAs/grants that could help in this category for you business anons)
Service Delivery (keep your eyes peeled, ask me for specific questions)
Scholarships (irrelevant to anontown at this point)
Fellowships (ignore)
Technical Assistance (ask for specifics)
Training/Professional Development (mostly academic, but occasionally for other purposes)
Travel (both domestic and abroad, usually for academic professionals and researchers)

If something says "Ask me specifically", it's because of the fact that the breadth of that category is very large, and rather than attempt to parrot it down into a sentence or two it's easier to just answer questions anon may have specifically. However, there are two I'll explain now:

Seed Grants - These are grants provided by federal and nonfederal sponsoring organizations that are for entities seeking funding that have not yet received funding from alternate sources. The purpose of these is generally to provide startup funding for projects/proposed research. This is a good place to start looking.

Tenders - These are one-time funding opportunities that are not recurring, and thus I'd just ignore those if I were you because frankly, I don't think they'd be of much assistance because there's no definitive timeline on when grant funds would be used since Anontown isn't even in existence yet. The reason I'm explaining this is so you don't waste time on these. Protip: Everything on MERX is a tender, and I'll explain what MERX is in a second.

I saw someone mention Grants.gov. This isn't even the tip of the iceberg. To the Canadian in the thread, MERX is the Canadian equivalent of Grants.gov; containing hundreds of federal tenders from various anscillary agencies as well as the big ones (e.g. Alberta Public Sector, Health Canada, Environment Canada, etc.). If you are all really serious about anontown, I suggest bookmarking these. Also, the United States Federal Government utilizes what's known as the Federal Register to announce various NOFA's, tenders, recurring grant programs, requests for comments on existing grant programs, various grant legislation, etc. etc. Certain programs will come out only in the Federal Register and not Grants.gov, and visa versa.

So now let's use this base knowledge to progress onto something more applicable to Anontown to begin with. There are many various non-profit, tax exempt organizations that provide funding and assistance that aren't federal or state run. For example, off the top of my head there's the South Dakota Humanities Council, the South Dakota Library Assocation, the South Dakota Ornithologists' Union, and the (probably soon to be discontinued) South Dakota Space Grant Consortium. This is once again, just the tip of the iceberg. You're looking for various South Dakota community foundations that offer assistance to their specific service areas, usually made up of one or more counties in a certain geographical location. I'd look to see if Anontown falls within any of their service areas.

Now, there's the matter of proposal development, but that knowledge doesn't come cheap. As Anontown draws closer to being a legitimate endeavor and proves it's not a fly-by-night pipe dream, I'll teach anon about proposal development and tracking, along with the process of actually receiving grant awards. For future reference, I shorthand it to PD and PT.

Also, something VERY IMPORTANT TO THINK ABOUT: In order to receive funding of any kind, 99% of the time for the kind of grants that you're most likely going to want to submit proposals for, you need to have a vessel to which funding can be awarded TO. This means setting up an organization that can legally be the awardee, e.g. a registered nonprofit organization, community foundation, eligible public or private organization that meets a grant's eligibility requirements, etc. Very few sponsors will award funds to an individual unless it's for fellowships, professorships, internships, prizes or because that individual is applying through a professional/academic society or university for funding for shit like research, professional development, sabbaticals, etc.

There is much, much more you have to learn, but I think this is a good enough start to get your brains rolling in the right direction. Questions?

You've dun good anon, you've done good. But fuck, that was too much too read. lol
SexFace
SexFace
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm

SexFace wrote:
You've dun good anon, you've done good. But fuck, that was too much too read. lol

Yeah, it is a lot to read, but then again free money isn't given away to just anyone, heh.

Back to top Go down

Post by anon Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:14 pm

x___sushimosh wrote: It's clear that even at a glance anon has it's fist up it's ass when it comes to knowledge on this cluster of topics that I've outlined.

Now, to be clear, when you say "anon has its fist up its ass" ... *lifts eyebrow*

I MOVE TO HAVE SUSHI APPOINTED PERSON IN CHARGE OF GRANTS.

All in favor?
anon
anon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixy Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:04 am

After finally having time to read through Sushi's post, I vote in the affirmative. Thanks for taking the time to break that all down for us.

Sixy

Back to top Go down

Post by long haired larry Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:54 am

a simply query, and I'm new to this hi. Why south Dakota? Surely there are places with cheaper land and with better weather?

and fuck Sushi, that's going to take me a shitload of time to understand Laughing

EDIT: So which of the categories would you suggest our hypothetical non-profit organization falls under? And who is going to start up this organization, we need volunteers?
I for one am more in favour of simply starting with individuals/groups buying property they plan to live in, then taking control of the political system and if anon has a majority we can simply go forward and create a whole bunch of great publicly funded thangs.

long haired larry

Back to top Go down

Post by LetsDoThis Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:29 pm

long haired larry wrote:a simply query, and I'm new to this hi. Why south Dakota? Surely there are places with cheaper land and with better weather?

and fuck Sushi, that's going to take me a shitload of time to understand Laughing

EDIT: So which of the categories would you suggest our hypothetical non-profit organization falls under? And who is going to start up this organization, we need volunteers?
I for one am more in favour of simply starting with individuals/groups buying property they plan to live in, then taking control of the political system and if anon has a majority we can simply go forward and create a whole bunch of great publicly funded thangs.

Larry, chill the fuck out with this.
I'm tired of seeing it in every thread.
Either make a new thread or stfu.
If I see a new post by you about this that isn't in a direct relevant (what is considered relevant will be up to me) reply to some one I'm gonna delete everything you've ever posted.
Maybe I'll ban you. It depends on how I'm feeling.
LetsDoThis
LetsDoThis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum